ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Recruiting WBB recruiting notes: January

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
Ok, here is the women's basketball recruiting notes thread for January. The December thread is here.

Just copying and pasting what I wrote in the December thread:

For 2024, 4-star forward Toby Fournier (Crestwood Secondary, Ontario, Canada) included Stanford in her top eight in October. Stanford also is on 4-star point guard Shay Ijiwoye (Desert Vista, Phoenix, AZ), 2024 4-star combo guard Avary Cain (Saint Joseph, Santa Maria, CA) and 2024 5-star guard/forward Jordan Lee (Saint Mary's High School, Stockton, CA). Lee visited in the fall.

Other 2024 names: 4-star guard Mikayla Blakes (Rutgers Prep, Somerset, NJ), 5-star forward Joyce Edwards (Camden High School, Camden, SC), 4-star guard Tajianna Avant-Roberts (La Jolla Country Day, La Jolla, CA), 5-star guard Morgan Cheli out of Mitty, and 5-star post Blanca Thomas (Charlotte Catholic, Charlotte, NC).

For 2025, obviously 4-star guard Hailee Swain is already committed out of Holy Innocents in Marietta, GA. Two others I have in 2025 are 5-star wing Jasmine "Jazzy" Davidson out of Clackamas High School in Oregon and then 4-star forward Sienna Betts out of Grandview High School in Aurora, CO. Sienna is the younger sister of Lauren Betts.

I also forgot to circle back on visitors for the Tennessee game. The only visitor they had was Hailee Swain. That was it. I mentioned Swain visited earlier, but I said I was going to circle back on who else was there.

Outside of that, not a lot of new developments from last month to this month. With signing day behind us in November, December was kind of a more quiet month.

As far as how the 2024 recruits rank, ESPN Hoop Gurlz rates them as follows: Joyce Edwards is #2, Blanca Thomas is #9, Jordan Lee is #15, Morgan Cheli is #18, Mikayla Blakes is #21, Toby Fournier is #23, Tajianna Avant-Roberts is #24, Avary Cain is #31, and Shay Iwojie is #52. Stanford will obviously take whoever of that group wants to come, but ideally, they'll get a nice blend of size and guard-play in this group as is always the goal. Ultimately, if they can land Edwards and Thomas, that alone would make this class really freaking good. They land those two and then add one other player from this list, that would be fantastic.

One thing that does help is that a couple of these targets are local (Cheli and Lee). It's always a plus to have some local players who are rated this high. I'll check to see if anyone else on that list has been added as a potential target.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News