ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: The A.I. Bubble is Bursting with Ed Zitron

NoQuestionRox

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
Ever since I was a young entrepreneur in Silicon Valley, I have detested the people who run the place. I've seen so many examples of people chasing the new "it" tech thing in my life, abandoning basic business principles in favor of what one might call herd capitalism pushed by people who never take responsibility for their failures. As a result, this 75 minute video was quite satisfying to watch, not because the implications of it are particularly great, but because it exposes uncomfortable for many to accept truths, that I have believed existed for years.

I remember reading an essay several years ago that was written from the future back to the present, I think it was in Fortune magazine, but not sure. It was predicated on the idea that technology had reached its peak in terms of what it could do that people actually wanted. One of the ideas was that people didn't need or want their phone technology to be any better, and you no longer need a new phone every year to get a big upgrade in valued utility. At a certain point, the gains are so minimal that they aren't worth paying more to have. That time seems to have arrived for real. I have an iPhone X and it works just fine for what I want it to do, and I'm on the latest iOS too.

Anyway, I'd be super curious to read thoughts on this from from people here who take the time to watch:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News