ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals Five-Star Challenge updates (2017's)

Andy Drukarev

Apr 2, 2011
The Rivals Five-Star Challenge (a showcase for some of the nation's top players) is this weekend in Baltimore. There are a handful of Stanford targets in attendance, though, frankly, I'm not sure they will land any, at least of the 2016 guys.

Matt Farniok and Demetris Roberson would be the main 2016 targets (and I'm not terribly optimistic about Stanford's chances with either... the visit went well with Farniok, but I'd say that's more unlikely than likely... and definitely some hurdles with Demetris, though he's really excited about the Cardinal, so we'll see). Among other 2016 targets, they're also hanging around with Caleb Kelly and Brandon Burton.

We should have video interviews with each of the big-name 2016 guys posted relatively soon (and you will enjoy the Demetris Robertson one), but in the meantime, here are updates on Stanford's 2017 offered targets who are in attendance (and a brief blurb on Caleb Kelly)

Here's the Rivals media day tracker from the event: https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1772091

Jeffrey Okudah

Latest: Okudah recently took unofficial visits to Georgia Tech and Georgia. This month, he will be visiting USC, UCLA, Tennessee and Ohio State. Okudah grew up in New Jersey and was a fan of Ohio State.

Leaders: He is wide open, but the five schools recruiting him the hardest are Florida State, Ohio State, LSU, Stanford and USC.

Dark Horse: Georgia Quotable: "I'll be releasing a trimmed down list some time in my junior year. I'll go to 10 schools first, five, three, and then a decision."

DeAngelo Gibbs:

Latest:
Gibbs has a sister on the West Coast and recently visited USC and UCLA. He intends to return to California to visit Stanford this summer. Gibbs also recently visited Auburn and names no favorites in the process.

Leaders: Auburn, Georgia

Dark Horse: USC

Quotable:"They say it never rains in Southern California, but when I was out there it rained the whole time. Other than that, (USC and UCLA) were real cool. It was real nice. I liked it."

Caleb Kelly

Latest: Kelly has a top 10, but can't rattle them off from memory. He recently visited Michigan and plans to tour Notre Dame later this summer.

Leaders: USC, UCLA, Michigan

Dark Horse: Notre Dame

Quotable:"I liked [Michigan] a lot. I liked the coach. They were real cool outside of football but real active at practice. They show a lot of emotion. I liked going out there.

Brandon Burton video interview (no Stanford mention)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News