ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Recruiting MBB recruiting notes: August

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
The men's basketball recruiting notes thread for August has arrived. The June/July thread is here in case you missed anything from that. Stanford is yet to land anyone in the 2024 class, so they have some work to do. 4-star point guard Jase Richardson visited at the end of July. I didn't get an exact date for that visit, but I have it marked as July 31st just so it at least got recorded. He's a name they are on pretty heavily. 4-star point guard Trent Perry is another key target. I need to reach out to him again. Last I heard from him, he didn't wanna talk recruiting during the summer sessions. Stanford was wise to get on him as early as they did.

4-star shooting guard Sir Mohammed, 4-star shooting guard Gicarri Harris, 4-star small forward Marcus Allen, and 5-star shooting guard Kon Knueppel remain top targets as well. Allen visited earlier this summer, while Harris, Mohammed, and Knueppel visited back in the fall of 2022. Perry visited last summer as well, so they've gotten these kids on campus, which is good. It's just hard to tell of that group who they have the best odds with. I would say Richardson and Allen visiting most recently is definitely an arrow up for them as is the fact that Stanford made the top six for Mohammed.

Stanford did recently offer a couple other point guards as well who aren't as highly rated: 3-star Elijah Crawford at the end of July and then Jack Stanton back in May. Same with a few shooting guards, one of whom actually is rated quite high: 4-star Andrew Crawford at the beginning of July, Anthony Batson at the end of May, and Angelo Ciaravino in mid-July.

As far as big men are concerned, 4-star 7-footer Trent Burns was offered in mid-June. So, he's kinda the main big man target right now. At least for the 2024 class. All 2025 targets are still on the board. That offers list is here. No 2026 or 2027 offers at the moment.

Finally, I did want to quickly provide a scholarship breakdown. I'm going to post a quick write up on Benny Gealer getting the 13th scholarship since that is worthy of front page news, but before I do I might as well just add the scholarship breakdown in here as well. The following guys are projected to free up a scholarship after the season is over: Spencer Jones, Max Murrell, Michael Jones, Jared Bynum, James Keefe, and Brandon Angel. Murrell and Angel are not graduate students, so they could in theory come back for a fifth year. Graduate school admissions pending. That's six names I mentioned. Not to mention the possibility that Carlyle and/or Stojakovic go pro after the season.

So, there could be a lot of turnover after the season. That makes it all the more critical that they get some guys committed soon for this 2024 class. The one piece of good news, though is that this is an older team than years past, something Jerod Haase semi-lamented about a couple years back when I first came on board this site. So, it is good to see an older team on the floor. I think this team once again will be picked to finish in the top half of the conference with an NCAA tournament bid being expected. Though as you've all come to learn, history tells us it might not be wise to hold our breath on that actually happening. But those are once again the expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News