ADVERTISEMENT

Key Quotes: C.J. Hawkins

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
Hey guys, I just caught up with 2022 tight end commit C.J. Hawkins. Below are key quotes. The rest will be saved for the article.

“It was a lot of different aspects. You can’t go wrong getting one of the best educations the world has to offer. It was the overall environment with the campus and players. It was noticeably different than what I experienced in Gainesville. It was a really positive environment that I enjoyed and that I felt most comfortable in.”-On why he chose Stanford over

“It was a very long process. When I got to Stanford, I was blown away that football gave me the opportunity to come to Stanford. It was a really long process. I had to make sure I had to see it. Seeing everything Florida had to offer and then to see Palo Alto, Stanford was everything I thought it would be and more.” -On the process of choosing Stanford

“The visit was amazing. Stanford really rolled out the red carpet for me. It was indescribable. It was breathtaking. They made me feel at home. Just seeing the players and how they conducted themselves.”-On the visit

“I did a lot of soul searching. What kind of person I wanted to be, what kind of environment I wanted to surround myself with. Ultimately, I felt Stanford was the right fit. I did a lot of talking with my family and support system.”-What helped him choose Stanford in the end

“My relationship with the coaching staff has been great. I got recruited by Coach Turner first and from there I met Coach Kennedy and Coach Shaw. From the jump they have been honest with me. They were disappointed I committed to Florida, but they let me know that if I was still interested in Stanford, they were still interested. I love Coach Shaw. I love Coach Turner. Seeing how they operated really played a big role in my decision. I wanted to make sure I could trust my coaches. I feel Coach Shaw and Coach Turner are two coaches who I know I can trust. So, I really value my relationship with the coaching staff.”-On the staff and his relationship with them

“I feel like I bring versatility. Big lengthy guy that can run routes, but I take a lot of pride in blocking. I can do everything a tight end is expected to do. I bring length, good speed for my size, and good hands that can also flex out. I feel like I’m going to be a hard target in the pass game and good blocking. I’ll bring a sponge mindset just trying to soak everything up. I can’t wait to learn more as I grow and develop. Also learn from the guys before me: Guys like Austin Hooper, Dalton Schultz, and Zach Ertz.”-On what he can bring to Stanford football

“Just breathtaking. It was my first time in California. The weather was great. A lot bigger, a lot more beautiful. I couldn’t believe I was considering going to school here. It was just insane.”-Overall impressions of Stanford

“Yes, I could potentially play my sophomore year. I feel like my first year at Stanford I’m going to need to just focus on one sport and get adjusted to that. Coach Turner and Coach Shaw have talked with the basketball staff. They’ve been straight up with me. Coach Shaw let me know that as long as I’m able to make an impact on the basketball court, I can play. I can’t play if I’m just sitting on the bench. I’m a high energy guy on the basketball court. I’m a dog. I can get buckets. I love to get rebounds and score. I’m small forward, 6’7”. I feel like I’m an all-around player on the basketball court.”-On playing basketball at Stanford

Note:
Coach Shaw & Turner have been the source of communication with Haase & Co. No direct communication between Hawkins and the basketball staff. Doesn’t know how he’ll train for hoops until he gets there, but plans on getting shots up and hopefully practicing with the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News