ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Football recruiting notes: July

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
The football recruiting notes thread for July is here. The June thread is here. That thread was probably the busiest recruiting thread we've had since I started running this site. Very exciting!

I'm going to keep this breakdown brief since so much of the 2024 class is already filled up. The 2024 class has 27 commits at the moment and is currently the 9th ranked class by Rivals. The full list of commitments is here.

And then 2025 is off to a nice little start as well: Maxwell Richardson and Charlie Hoitink are both already in the fold. Currently the 26th ranked recruiting class by Rivals in the 2025 class.

As far as what to look for down the stretch here of the 2024 class, 4-star DE/OLB Benedict Umeh will announce his decision July 8th. All signs pointing towards Stanford. I have a FutureCast in for the Cardinal, Adam Gorney is hearing Stanford, etc.

3-star OT Isaiah Garcia is a bit harder to read right now. I know many have gotten excited about Wiltfong's prediction for Stanford and I don't want to throw any cold water on that. Even though he works for my competitor, I respect him a lot and know the history of how accurate his predictions are. That being said, going back to what I've been able to gather on my own, Garcia is harder to read. And we have a FutureCast in for USC from our Utah guy Alex Markham, who feels NIL is what's driving his decision given that an NIL company is who sponsored his announcement of his top four: Stanford, Utah, USC, and Oregon. Hopefully I'll be able to pinpoint more of a read on him in the coming weeks.

One more name to mention is 2025 3-star OT Siosiua Vete. I got a FutureCast in for him given how a certain tweet and tweets he was retweeting indicated he was coming. He is yet to go public about any decision, so that's something to watch for this month as well.

Reactions: MVDan and gijeff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News