DT

Austin Uke (R-FR.)
6'2 / 290 lbs.​
* Anthony Franklin (R-FR.)
6'3 / 267 lbs.​
* Zach Buckey (R-FR.)
6'3 / 265 lbs.​
Observations:

* This has to be the smallest our D-line has been in as long as I can remember. Taking it one step further, I can't even remember the last time we didn't have a single D-lineman tipping the scales at 300+ lbs.

* Beyond Tobin Phillips, nothing is set in stone at DL. The second starter could be anyone from Uke to Franklin to Lester to Moi and it wouldn't surprise me. What would surprise me is if any of those options turned out to be any good. Youth + inexperience is not a good combo when it comes to the trenches

* It may be a good 2-3 seasons before we have a sufficiently sized DL. And depending on what Tobin Phillips does with his 5th year, depth may remain an issue for even longer

* What an awful time to lose Josh Pakola to academic issues because he would have been an instant starter and brought much-needed size. I'll be interested to see how he develops down at Fresno State

* I foresee Jaxson Moi getting the most snaps of any true freshman DL since Harrison Phillips. Let's hope he's half as good

_

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News