ADVERTISEMENT

8/18/19 Open Practice

bdonn07

All-American
Jan 22, 2015
Menlo Park
Players did not have full pads on today so it was a practice. Random observations:
- Held out of practice- Costello (dressed but did not throw), Butler, Bonner, Fehoko (knee brace), Herron, Speights, Williamson, Graham, Toomer, Maddox, Kelly, Stratford, Hamilton, Pease (boot), Peek. The glass half-full take would be that the majority of our key players are healthy.
- I'm a KJ fan but Mills is 1st round material. Mills looked healthy and smooth as silk. His release is so quick and pure. A pleasure to watch. I'd put our top 2 QB's against any in the country.
- Excited about our LB's. They look like a very athletic group. Really looking forward to seeing Curtis Robinson in a leadership role. He looks good.
- Turner-Muhammad, Kelly and Manley have very similar body types to Adebo. They definitely have room for a few lbs of muscle but a good looking group. I think Manley is going to be the best of the bunch.
- McGill is short, well-built and physical. We need that at safety.
- Wilson and Adebo handled punt returns. Wilson bobbled 2 punts.
- Aside from Peek, good to see the rest of our DL practicing. We have more overall talent and depth than we've had in years. Maybe missing the dominant player (S Thomas, H Phillips) but we'll see. Booker seems to be on a H Phillips trajectory.
- I was hoping Pakola and Sinclair would arrive with a bit more heft. I don't see them getting much playing time this year.
- Parkinson is in fantastic shape. He made a spectacular one-handed grab.
- None of the frosh O-Lineman stood out to me as being ready to play right away. If I had to pick one, I'd say Walter Rouse might be the most ready.
- Although Hamilton did not practice, he looks to have added good weight. We really need him healthy to solidify the O-Line.
- Andres Fox put on some muscle. He's a bit of a tweener so will be interesting to see if his best position down the road is at LB or DE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News