ADVERTISEMENT

Wilner Prediction

Card Tricks

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2012
8-4

Losses to *USC, *Oregon State (please God no), *Wazzu, and *Notre Dame. Outside of Oregon State (which I suppose is at least somewhat plausible given the death gauntlet that comes before them), the other three games are ones I have circled as potential losses as well.

What's interesting is that he has us beating both Oregon and Washington at home. Given our track record of beating good teams at home in odd years, I suppose it's not outside the realm of possibility that we pull it off. But if I were a betting man, I would say the odds favor us to split that series. Right now, my money's on us beating the Huskies (who we should have beaten last season) and losing to the Ducks (who should have beaten us last season).

VERY interested to see how we fare against UCF on the road in Week 3. If we win that one, we not only set ourselves up well from a momentum standpoint but that win would also give us a lot of national credibility seeing as how UCF has only lost to one team in the last two years. Notre Dame at the end of the season is always my favorite game and the one I hope to win more than any other. My goodness has that turned into such a fun series.

With just a week left until kickoff, I find myself having an incredibly difficult time deciding whether we're closer to being a 7-5 or 9-3 team this season. So by default, I echo Wilner's hunch that we'll once again finish 8-4. If we just had more depth along the O-line and secondary, I'd be feeling more optimistic about our chances of having a 9-3 or 10-2 type season with the way the home slate sets up for us. But we lost too much senior talent during the offseason exodus for me to put that much faith in this year's squad. Hope I'm wrong and these guys surprise me like they did in 2015.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News