ADVERTISEMENT

Why We Chose Stanford

bbamx

All-American
May 4, 2006
North Florida

Just wanted to let you know not to look for Jesse at 49er practices. He failed the physical last Saturday so he was a pro for about 3 hours. They read the Stanford surgeon's summary of his mid-season MRI and said it wasn't worth signing a waiver because they are in such dire need of a Center this summer they didn't believe he would make it through camp without missing time. (probably some Skov memories came to mind)

John Lynch let him down easy. Jesse told him, "I can understand if your mind is made up but I did play 10 games on this knee last year."

The 49ers were kind enough to not put out a transaction (Signed, Released) and just voided the contract (no signing bonus was offered). Our agent definitely put us in the right spot, they need a Center soon. He chose the 49ers over Oakland since both were last weekend.

By not releasing any information we hoped it would allow Jesse to have a fair shot at impressing the Jags in this week's Rookie Minicamp. Today was the first day of actual practices and I got a phone call around 1:30 that Jesse pulled his (healthy) calf muscle and was being sent home (not the one he pulled training in Phoenix prior to the Shrine Game). I haven't talked to him yet but I'm hoping he'll tell me in the 2 drills he was able to complete this morning that he pancaked Quincy Williams (LB from Murray State and brother or Quinnen who somehow went 3rd round). That will give me some solace.

He is 3 classes shy of completing his SymSys degree (he has Japanese degree with minor in Computer Science) so he's planning to get back out there in the near future. Decisions to be made soon regarding what's next but, unfortunately, it looks like pro football is no longer an option.

He had good calls from Coach Carberry and Coach Bloom this past week when they heard the news. The Rice RB who only started 4 games in 4 years was the other player the 49ers signed from the rookie minicamp.

As the Thread Title states, it sure is sweet to have a Stanford degree (or 2) to fall back on, and no debt. Counting our blessings...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News