ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend and season observations

NoQuestionRox

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
What a weekend of football, and we still have a slate of Sunday NFL and MNF to go! Never thought I'd see a TD scored by the team defending a Hail Mary pass, but I forgot the Jets do exist! Anyway, this post is focused on college.

I would be completely shocked if Oregon doesn't beat Washington pretty easily. Washington is a good team, but they have too many lapses and are winning too many close games lately, even against teams they are far superior than from a roster talent standpoint.

Alabama has a very good shot at beating Georgia.

Iowa might not score a point against Michigan. There is no reason for anyone to watch that game. There has never been a bigger mismatch in a "championship game" ever.

Florida State got screwed having Washington pass them in the CFP rankings. I thought what they did at Florida was far more impressive than UW needing a B.S. roughing passer call and a last second FG to eke out a win at home over a Cougars team Stanford beat 10-7.

So my conference championships winners: Oregon, Alabama, Texas, Florida State, Michigan

Michigan and Florida State will be the only undefeated teams. Michigan will be the only shoe-in and the CFP committee will have to choose 3 teams from a pool of six 1-loss teams in Alabama, Georgia, Oregon, Texas, Ohio State, and Washington, plus an undefeated Florida State from a weaker ACC. It will wish the CFP had already expanded to 12 at this time next week.

The big debate will be Texas vs. Oregon. Here's how that will play out.

Oregon's best OOC opponent: Texas Tech, who they barely beat 38-30, and Texas rolled 57-7.
Texas' best OOC opponent: Alabama, who they beat by 10.
And as Tony Kornheiser likes to say, "it's a TV show" and Texas brings more eyeballs than Oregon.

Texas will be the big beneficiary of Oregon beating Washington, not Oregon.

My CFP if Alabama wins SEC:

1. Michigan
2. Texas
3. Alabama
4. Florida State (I don't see them losing to Louisville)

My CFP if Georgia wins SEC:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Florida State (I don't see them losing to Louisville)
4. Texas

Jayden Daniels is the Heisman winner in my book. He's just an amazing performer. I hope the fact Bo Nix gets to play in the Pac-12 CG doesn't elevate him, I hate the idea of giving a QB winning the award after he completes playing his 62nd college game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News