ADVERTISEMENT

The 2018 season

Gerald McGowin

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2015
Fredericksburg, VA
Maybe some of you remember I started a thread asking what reasonable expectations were as to what a successful year would be.

My analysis is that the consensus on the board is that we should be a New Year's 6 team. That's my reading of the responses and, of course, does not reflect the views of the lurkers who never post. Feel free to disagree.

Just trying to set up a framework to evaluate this year's performance.

I think the board as a whole would have guessed 9 wins was most likely this year. Apparently that's about what Las Vegas felt as well. So, I'm fine with the idea that we woulda, coulda, shoulda done better but I don't see an argument that we significantly underperformed. Good beginning, bad middle, good ending.

As to specifics, the one truly heart rending issue was Bryce Love's year. I was thrilled when he said he was coming back. I am so disappointed for him.

The big issue for me was the OL. I thought they would be dominant. Instead, particularly on run blocking, they were terrible. And that's before all the injuries. I expected Carberry would be a step up but that didn't happen.

Overall I find it hard to be disappointed by this team, given the difficult schedule and the injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News