ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Story about trip to Shanghai and quick recruiting note

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
Here is a story about the men's basketball team heading to Shanghai on Saturday, where they will spend a week leading up to the season opener against Harvard. I think there is reason for excitement this season, even with the low media expectations. How Robert Cartwright and Christian Sanders handle the point guard responsibilities will obviously be a huge development to follow.

https://stanford.rivals.com/news/haase-and-cardinal-will-start-finding-answers-in-shanghai

About recruiting, I think it's fair to say it's an interesting time for Stanford. Last I checked the Cardinal are still in the mix with Daejon Davis and Matt Coleman. That's a major development whether Stanford lands them or not, because it's impressive that the staff has made that much progress with those two.

My understanding, and I think this was supported by a recent video interview with Coleman, was that the Oak Hill product was always going to Texas. But Stanford has given him something to think about. The fact that he didn't commit to to Texas on his visit this past weekend or since is another positive.

Here is Coleman's interview that was posted Oct. 29 but looks like it was conducted before his trip to Texas:

But if Davis and Coleman go elsewhere, a class of Kezie Okpala and Oscar Da Silva is a good one. Both are considered top-75 prospects and Da Silva has high potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News