ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Recruiting Stanford WBB recruiting notes: August/September

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
Here is the women's basketball recruiting notes thread for August. If you missed anything from June/July, click here.

The 2024-25 roster is here. By my calculations, the following players are on scholarship: Nunu Agara, Shay Ijiwoye, Talana Lepolo, Chloe Clardy, Harper Peterson, Elena Bosgana, Brooke Demetre, Mary Ashley Stevenson, Stavi Papadaki, Jzaniya Harriel, Tess Heal, Courtney Ogden, and Kennedy Umeh. That's 13. Women's basketball can add two more scholarships players than men's basketball with 15 being their limit. Lauren Green as a junior is the lone walk on.

The only true seniors on the roster are Demetre and Bosgana. Harriel is a redshirt junior, so she has an extra year if she wants to use it. Given they have a more flexibility than men's basketball, there isn't the same kind of scholarship crunch that the men's team has. That said with four players coming in next year, that puts them at 15 scholarship players for next year if Harriel returns and nobody else leaves besides Demetre and Bosgana.

In case you aren't aware of who the four 2025 commits are, they are 5-star point guard Hailee Swain, 5-star forward Alexandra Eschmeyer, 4-star forward Nora Ezike, and 4-star wing Carly Amborn. That's actually a pretty strong class coming in next year. Of that group, I'm most excited to see what Swain becomes. Her stock continues to rise and I think she's really excited to become a leader on the floor.

One target who they seem to be in a good spot with is 5-star forward Amari Byles. Her visit went really well. Kate Paye is making a positive impression on her. I think if people are worried about whether or not Paye will be able to recruit well, I think that part will be fine provided she can coach the team to wins. So long as she wins, I think the recruiting side will hold up. I get the sense Paye is well liked by her players and that she'll be a coach who they'll like playing for.

That's pretty much what I got for this month, but I'm sure @Bobbk and @Jacob Rayburn will bring in some more insights as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.