ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Stanford football recruiting notes: August

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
Here is the football recruiting notes thread for August. If you missed any of the action from July, click here.

Stanford opened up the month of August with a commitment from 2025 3-star linebacker Nusi Taumoepeau. The commitment thread is here.

After landing Taumoepeau, Stanford's 2025 class has 19 commitments and is ranked 36th in the Rivals team recruiting rankings. Check out the full list of commitments here in case you need to refresh your memory.

As far as immediate things on the horizon, Stanford and Michigan are in a battle for 4-star offensive tackle Andrew Babalola. All my intel indicates it's essentially a two-horse race. It would be very surprising if he doesn't end up at one of those two schools. It's hard to say where he's leaning.

4-star safety CJ Jimcoily is announcing next week on August 8th. LSU is the consensus front runner here with Stanford still being in play. If I had to guess, I would say he's probably LSU bound, but going off the comments that he has told me, I think there's a possibility he comes to Stanford. We'll just have to see. I'll of course let you guys know if I hear anything more on him.

4-star offensive tackle Josh Petty appears to be Florida State bound. I have a FutureCast in for the Seminoles. NIL is a bigger factor for him plus his sister is going to to Florida State, so there's that pull as well. All the intel I've indicated makes it pretty clear he's not coming to Stanford and that Florida State is his likely landing spot.

3-star wide receiver/athlete Christian Neptune is still waiting to announce. Not sure when he'll make his decision known, but I still like Stanford's chances of landing him. South Florida is the other front runner. I just have a hard time seeing him pass up on the chance to come to Stanford given his options, but maybe he'll opt to stay home.

I think odds are low with 4-star linebacker Mantrez Walker, but they get him on an official visit in June. If there's one school to pull him away from Colorado, I think Stanford would be the school just because of the academic pull. But the longer he doesn't flip, the more likely I think he stays put. Still wanted to address him though in case anyone was wondering about him.

One name to keep tabs on 4-star running back Tiqwai Hayes. My personal belief is he visited Stanford but wanted to keep it on the down low. He's currently committed to Penn State. I think there is a possibility he flips. But if he does, it will come as a "surprise." He's keeping things close to the vest from what I can gather.

That's all I've got for the 2025 class. If you want to check out the offers for 2026, click here. Once guys start visiting this fall, that will give us a better sense of where things sit with the class. One name I would like to highlight in the 2026 class is 4-star wide receiver Trent Mosely. His older brother Emmett Mosley V is balling out for Stanford as a true freshman. Adam Gorney caught up with Trent recently. You can read all about that here. He said a big thing he's looking for his how Stanford uses and showcases his brother. So, if Mosely has a strong season, that's gonna up the chances of Stanford landing Trent.

If anyone has any questions/comments, fire away. I'll do my best to answer them. I'm sure @SamuelMcF will have his own insights as well. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.