ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Ball Open Practices PSA

msqueri

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006

I personally put almost no stock in spring in terms of useful information we can glean about the quality of our team (and in fact think it both causes people to reach hasty judgments and is overrated as a mechanism for improvement by players on the roster), but I know people love getting the scarce glimpses behind the curtain provided by open practices so I wanted to share this PSA. And truthfully, while the analytical side of me believes the things I posted above the fanatic side of me LOVES railbird reports.

Also, this Saturday's open practice coincides with our first big Junior Day/recruit visit weekend so this is a chance to eyeball recruits, body language, etc.

Hope a bunch of people out in the area block off their calendar to go on Saturday and report back to the board. Heading out to the open practice and then migrating to The Oasis for a farewell pizza/beer while conducting a post-mortem on the practice with fellow railbirds sounds like my ideal Saturday. Alas, the tyranny of distance continues to oppress. I'll have to settle for the big heavyweight title fight as my consolation prize.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News