ADVERTISEMENT

shocking shaw post-game comments

jonnyss

All Pac-12
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2006
tos quotes coach shaw on his decision to go for the fg on 4th and 1 foot from the sdsu 4 yard line.

I will once again say that was the right decision. You're down by 2 scores, if you don't get that one score, and they stop you, then you're behind the 8 ball. Honestly up until the last drive, the plan worked out. We kicked the field goal, kicked off to them, got a stop, got the ball back and took the lead.

actually, it was 13-7, so we were down by one score, not 2. quite alarming that our coach is making crucial decisions with a completely wrong impression of the score. i presume he is simply human, handling too many activities at once to track all of them correctly. this is the first evidence i have seen to back up the hunch by many on the board that, for all his many wonderful qualities (as a man, as a mentor, as a head coach), he can at times, under pressure, make quite uninformed play calls; and therefore should delegate the play-calling to a (new) full-time offensive coordinator

p.s. i apologize for quoting tos, but i believe this is public information, not any sort of scoop by tos.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News