ADVERTISEMENT

Shaw’s Opening Statement

Longwinded

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2017
Since I botched this under the relevant thread, let me say it separately:

Shaw’s opening comments (in post-game 1) are absolutely inappropriate for a representative of Stanford athletics. They border on the bizarre, really. His first thoughts are not to praise his players. His first thoughts are not to analyze the game. His first thoughts are instead to justify himself and take a swing at his doubters/critics...not just his doubters/critics...but even his dwindling fan base. He’s so insecure and arrogant (these traits always complement each other), even after multiple years of success, that his first thoughts in victory are about himself.

I assume he either reads this board or is hearing criticism and concern from more rank-and-file fans...maybe more than we realized. Or maybe he just can’t stand that 25 odd people post negatively about him here. No matter, this guy is a prisoner of his own character flaws...and he doesn’t have the self-introspection or control to soften, delay, or hide the weakness. If so, he would have snuck these comments in answers much deeper in the interview. He just couldn’t wait....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News