ADVERTISEMENT

SF Giants Comparison

apluscelly

All Pac-12
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2021
Look, I'm aware this is somewhat of a farfetched comparison for a couple reasons. Nonetheless, hear me out:

If anyone on this board is an SF Giants fan -- I can't ignore that I am getting similar vibes from Troy Taylor that I did with Farhan Zaidi (former SF Giants GM)

Note: Farhan did not have as many fundamental headwinds as Taylor has had in rebuilding Stanford, but Taylors bar for success is WAY lower .. Farhan got ousted for going .500 year after year. We would give Taylor an extension for going .500

Here are the similarities:

-False Advertising: Zaidi was brought as a genius who could build up the SF Giants farm system like he did with the Dodgers. He did not remotely do that over his 6 seasons as the organization flailed in mediocrity. Taylor was brought on as an offensive wizard that will produce yards, touchdowns, etc. and implement an exciting brand of football that will be stark contrast to David Shaw's boring and lifeless scheme. Taylors offense has been an utter disaster, one that makes me question why I still watch Football.

-Lack of energy and charisma: Theres no two ways about it, energy and charisma matter in most everything in life, especially leadership positions. If you're naturally someone people like and exude positive energy that people naturally gravitate towards, you're going to have a much better chance at success, no matter what you are doing. Farhan Zaidi was more of a behind the scenes presence and awkward in interviews. Troy Taylor is the exact same way.

-Bottom line results: As we know, winning cures everything. Farhan did not win and he is gone. Its early for Taylor but Im concerned, I'd put the chances at him being HC in 2027 at 25% right now, and thats probably generous.

Again, not an apples to apples comparison. I figured you all might humor me on this one at the very least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.