ADVERTISEMENT

Scout calls O-line’s performance against Notre Dame “a train wreck.”

soadams

Freshman
Feb 13, 2012
Tokyo
Good article from the chronicle on the Oline. People think it's Shaw. I think it's execution and this would support that...

https://www.sfchronicle.com/college...game-shows-Stanford-s-O-line-has-13279634.php

“First of all, the guys are not strong,” he said. “None of those guys up front play with any kind of strength. Tillery ran over them. They couldn’t even slow him down and tackle him.

“They can’t anchor. I feel bad for (quarterback K.J. Costello). He couldn’t step up; it just was not pretty. They’re technique-poor. Their footwork is very inconsistent. I thought a lot of the guys have balance problems. You can’t be on the ground; Herbig was on the ground a lot. The two tackles over-set, so the defensive player could come underneath them and get a clean shot at the quarterback.”

Notre Dame was getting loads of pressure without blitzing, he noted. “When you can do that with a four-man pass rush, you’re dropping seven into coverage. Costello didn’t have a chance to find any holes. You tell me five guys can’t block four? That’s how bad that offensive line is.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News