ADVERTISEMENT

ROSTER ARROWS - SYRACUSE

fborg81

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2010
ARROW UP - OFFENSE

0 REUBEN -
Left after an early 3rd down catch that he turned into a 1st down. Weird injury. Didn't see an ankle turn. Too bad as confidence was rising.

5 DAVIS - A dozen snaps for the frosh - one for a big one. If he's in the game, it's to get the ball.
13 AYOMANOR - 7 catches but easily could have had 10. Bad misses from the QB including the incredible catch for the TD that was 3-4 yards off the mark. Didn't love the body language towards Daniels in the 4th Q but the frustration is mounting.
14 DANIELS - QB1 was way off the mark all night. I thought the Brown injury would actually help him play better but he is what he is.
20 FORD - Undisputed RB1 was out there for almost every snap. Starting to like this guy. Good vision, strength to finish runs and competitive. Still finding his way in the passing game.
24 BACHMEIER - Out there for a bunch of snaps but looks like he might be falling down the WR hierarchy. Injury to Reuben will put him back up to WR3. Was open 3 different times during the 10 seconds Daniels had on one play.
25 BROWN - Should be noted the walk on got a couple early snaps in each of the L2 games. Who had this Brown from Mater Dei playing in more games so far?
26 IRVIN - CTT's de facto fullback. Didn't get a carry on any of his 20 snaps but he was lead blocking for everyone and was solid in pass pro. Picked up a big first down on a beautifully designed passing play. This guy is tough. I know he took a lot of heat from this board real time on not doing enough to prevent the INT but I saw it differently. First, this is a team guy, he'll give the effort in any role. Although he has been a good receiving back, he is not a WR. He never saw the free safety. If you recall, Irvin has had a lot of success so far on that exact route down the sideline. A free safety had not been an issue. It surprised him when another defender showed up. It looked bad, but that is not him.

55 PALE - Outside of the very untimely penalties, he was good. It should be noted, this SYR front 7 was not an impressive group on tape.
57 ROGERS - Back to form with a very good game. Also, you take the perfect snaps EVERY TIME for granted. I will say, however, there have been more times this season than I can remember happening LY with comm issues along the OL in pass pro. Impossible for me to tell who is at fault.
58 HOUSE - Starter at LT. He is definitely going through some pains. Ideally should be shirting and looking forward to compete next season after a productive offseason. But the time is now.
69 MAIKKULA - Replaced a penalty-ridden Jack Leyrer at LG in the 2H. Played OK.
78 BAKLENKO - Starter at RT. Did not put a lot of good things on tape in this one.
84 CISSE - Undisputed WR2. Led the team with 8 catches. I like him OK enough but he isn't a WR2 on a great team.
86 ROUSH - I was hoping the extra weight was going to help in the run game but that has not been the case and he looks slower in routes.
88 BLACKBURN - Frosh TE continues to have a small role. Another guy who would have benefitted greatly with a shirt.

ARROW DOWN - OFFENSE

3 FARRELL -
Player was dressed at SYR. Did not play. Just not a great time to be a 5th-yr senior on offense in this program.
8 LAMSON - Just 2 snaps. CTT is not a romantic.
15 BUTLER - Came on the field for 1 snap. Missed a block and Lamson was stopped on 3rd and short.
34 HAMPTON - DNP
67 ANDERSON - DNP
71 MCLAUGHLIN - Just 2 snaps in short yardage.
72 UKE - DNP
76 LEYRER - Starter at LG benched at the half.
82 RAINES - DNP
83 HARRIS - Just 2 snaps. He and Jackson early transfer portal favorites?
89 UNGAR - DNP

ARROW UP - DEFENSE

O BERNADEL -
Stacking up solid games to start the season.
4 MANLEY - Bad game could have even been worse but big play called back with a hold created by Bailey. Was replaced for 2 series in the 2Q and 1 series in the 3Q.
5 GREEN - Starter at NB had a clean game including a gift INT.
6 WRIGHT - Had a good game. Didn't give up much but the TD on him was a bad look.
8 SINCLAIR - Not going to be confused with Fred Warner in coverage, but good job in the run game and pass rush.
11 TAFITI - Starter at FOLB. Active, good game.
14 AYBAR - Best game I have seen him play. Probably because of the usage. April sent him after the QB standing up on the outside.

21 EDWARDS - Not sure what is going on here but it has not been good to start the season.
23 BAILEY - Well I will be damned. Was situationally subbed for the first time by April. That resulted in a low snap count but when he was on the field, he was coming after McCord. HARD. He was a maniac all night. Making a tackle in KOC and sprinting downfield after the Leigber pick 6 to get more of McCord. It actually looked like he was having fun.

31 MORRIS - Highest snap count of the season as he was in and out with Manley. But for the most part, those snaps were not good.
32 LEIGBER - Have to love when you can change the scoreboard on D. Usually a really good player when moving forward but he let McCord get out of a sure sack that resulted in a TD.
35 ROSE - Played a few snaps for Bernadel.
44 COOPER - Another OLB that April was sending after the QB more than normal. Results weren't great but the effort was.
45 STAPLES - Made the most of his 10 snaps. Hurried the QB and had a nice stop in the run game.
75 BM-O - Pretty invisible 25 snaps.
91 PATTERSON - It's clear that this guy can rush the passer and that is how April was using him so he could do just that. Got a sack and a hurry.

94 FRANKLIN/97 ROWELL - Very similar, solid games as they led the DL in snaps.

ARROW DOWN - DEFENSE

17 FRAUSTO-RAMOS -
DNP
27 PORTER - DNP
61 MAYBERRY - DNP
98 BUCKEY - 1 snap

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.