ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Recruiting Notes 6.0

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
First, there will be several visitors on campus this weekend. Unless there is an 11th hour change of plans I expect Joshua Sanguinetti to make the trip. Also, 2018 preferred walk-on recruits Nicholas Sligh and Grant Pease are visiting. Both are offensive linemen and I probably don't need to type a long explanation of why that makes them important. Here are Pease's highlights and this is Sligh's.

To the best of my knowledge Sanguinetti will be the only 2019 recruit on campus. He is an elite cornerback prospect and this will be his second unofficial visit to Stanford from Fort Lauderdale. It's interesting to me that he's taking a solo trip and not as part of a junior day. That may suggest a level of interest that is encouraging to Stanford.

The past two high profile 2019 recruits to visit on their own were JT Daniels and Stephen Herron. Obviously it's not comforting for Stanford fans that they committed elsewhere, but I believe the Cardinal led for both after those visits with extensive one-on-one time with coaches. It can be very effective, even if my personal preference is for there to be a group of offered recruits together.

A brief update on one of the most talked about recruits in this class: David Shaw, Lance Anderson, Tavita Pritchard and Kevin Carberry have all visited Miller's high school in the past couple weeks. According to Harry's mother, Kristina, he really liked Carberry. The Millers are coming to the April 7 junior day for an unofficial visit and are planning an official visit for later in the spring. Miller wants to commit before his senior year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News