ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Reactions from FNL Visitors

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
I'm still messaging with recruits, but here is some of what I have so far.

2021 OT Donovan Jackson

How do you feel the visit affected your interest in Stanford?
"It affected it greatly. At first I was seriously leaning towards other schools but now my interest has grown toward what Coach Shaw is doing with the program."

It wasn't anything special about the visit that changed Jackson's mind: "Being able to see the campus and not just hear about it -- I toured the campus and facilities. The highlight would be working with Coach (Kevin) Carberry and seeing what he’s like.

"I felt that I really worked well with him. His teaching came off clear to me and I improved because of it. (I can tell) that he cares about developing players."

2021 DL TJ Bollers (Unranked 4 star on Rivals. EDIT: He shot up 60 spots on another site and is No. 152 overall in that ranking.)

"My visit to Stanford was phenomenal to say the least. It was so well structured and I was able to see and learn so much. There were even professors there for me to talk to and they cared about me and what I had to say.

"The whole thing was a highlight. Like, I'm not going to forget that visit. I really enjoyed being able to talk with the professors though during lunch. Being able to hear from some of the best minds in the nation and then also getting information on how the institution is ran was really great.

"I'm being recruited as a defensive linemen. Working with Coach (Diron) Reynolds was awesome! He had a lot of great input for me and was very passionate in what he was doing.

"I was able to talk to Walter Rousse and Thomas Booker for a little bit after the camp. They were great to talk to because it gave me an inside perspective on how things are at the school and on the field.

"I would say that first I want a good academic school. Second would be a good football program, and third would be how I fit in there and the relationships that I could have with the coaches and maybe even future teammates."

2020 Committed/Admitted TE Lukas Ungar

"The junior day was great because it was my second time there and I got to meet a couple other commits and spend more time with the coaches.

"I learned a lot more about Stanford and their offense as well as academics since I recently have been admitted. I spent a lot of time with John Humphreys and Silas Starr during my visit. It was great to see how great the class of 20 is shaping up to be.

(John Humphreys and Silas Starr are) great guys with great talent. I can’t wait to get on the field with them. As a receiving TE, Coach Turner went through plays with me and the stats on how often they use multiple TE, which was high."

Ungar plans to attend a game in October or November.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News