ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Q&As with '19 CB commits Turner-Muhammad and Rouse

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
Rivals recruiting analyst Adam Friedman recently interviewed Salim Turner-Muhammad and Walter Rouse.

Salim Turner-Muhammad

How are things going with Stanford?
"It's perfect. I love it there. Since I committed we got a lot more commits and it's looking like a good class. We're looking to add more to it."

You guys just got Josh Pakola: "He committed way before I committed. He was probably the first commit there. He finally made it official."

What have the conversations been like between you and the other commits?
"We talk about how good the class is and how we can't wait to get onto campus and get ready to ball out. We're going to keep this thing rolling. We're going to the national championship."

What do you see out of their defensive backs? What do you think you'll bring?
"Paulson, I can't wait to ball out with him. I feel like Paulson Adebo, No. 11, he's a beast, man. When I went up there to visit he hosted me. He took care of me. Seeing him ball out, and knowing this is his first year starting, it has given me a whole lot of confidence. I can't wait to get there and for him to mentor me."

Did (Notre Dame commit and Salim's teammate) Litchfield Ajavon have something to say about last week's game?
"Me and him, we weren't talking for a few days. He had a lot to say. I told him to just wait until I get there and until we actually play."

Are you going after anyone for Stanford?
"Yeah, I think our main target right now is Elijah Higgins. He's a beast."

What do you think the chances are you get him?
"I think they're high. We're definitely at the top of his list. We're building a relationship with him, all the commits. It's going to be a big deal. I think he liked a lot of what he saw from the Oregon game. It's going to be a close call but I hope we get him."

Next visit: January for Big Visit

Walter Rouse

How is it going with Stanford?

"The relationship has been great. It's only gotten better since I committed. I'm talking with Coach Carberry weekly, if not every single day. Coach Shaw sends me weekly emails after the game walking me through what we did. After the Notre Dame game he said even though we didn't win we had a couple good things that we did. I like that, him sending me stuff to let me know he's thinking about me. I just can't wait to get up there. I'm going to finish up my season. Every single play I'm doing the best I can. Even though we're 0-4 right now, we're a family and these are my brothers. I'm happy to be out there with them."

Have they given you any pointers of what they want you to work on?
"I've talked to Coach Carberry ... and I'm going to send him a couple tapes. Anything he can say that I can work on -- not to undermine my O-line coach, or anything -- just things for when I get there. They do a two-point stance and we don't do that here. In terms of weight lifting, they don't send me that packet until after signing day. I talked to my strength and conditioning coach about that. I can't wait for it."

Are you helping any on the recruiting front?
"Like they did with me sending me stuff, 'Hey, how do you like Stanford?' I'm doing that with a couple recruits. It's all fun. We're friendly."

Rouse told Friedman he's pushing 6-7 and isn't done growing, so he think he could push past 6-7. He is playing between 295-300 pounds right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News