ADVERTISEMENT

Prospect Strength of Schedule

msqueri

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
In another thread strength of schedule was referenced. Just for fun/reference, I thought I'd list the MaxPreps strength of schedule ratings for each member of the 2018 signing class:

Tanner McKee (Corona Centennial) - 55.1
Thomas Booker (Gilman) - 55.0
Michael Wilson (Chaminade) - 52.6
Trey Stratford (Allen) - 51.2
Kendall Williamson (Brookwood) - 45.3
Ethan Bonner (The Woodlands) - 40.3 DID NOT PLAY
Caleb Kelly (Hapeville Charter) - 30.0
Justus Woods (Charlotte Christian) - 25.3
Donjae Logan (Desert Ridge) - 24.5
Jack West (Saraland) - 23.7
Jacob Mangum-Farrar (Fort Bend Kempner) - 22.1
Jay Symonds (Buckingham Browne & Nichols) - 18.0
Andres Fox (Mobile Christian) - 11.0
Tobe Umerah (Stratford Academy) - 10.1

I'd say Kelly and up you can figure they faced credible competition, Woods on down you can figure they are in for a bigger than average adjustment.

I know WR for once looks like a really strong position for Stanford in 2018, but Wilson as a 4-star recruit at a skill position facing nationally elite competition strikes me as the type who could contribute right away. Brighton and Simi Fehoko, for what it's worth, faced 39.7 competition in 2015, so that's another 4-star WR accustomed to pretty good competition, though much rustier of course.

Perhaps most interesting is that Fox and Umerah, while clearly guys Lance Anderson and Co. are envisioning/hoping as potential immediate helps to the front seven, faced pitiful competition in high school. The learning curve will be steep.

That said, it's important here not to put too much stock into all this. You often see guys who played great competition struggle in college (Fred Craig jumps right out but we've had many more recent too) and guys who played weak competition excel (Ty Montgomery as one who jumps out).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News