ADVERTISEMENT

Positives

gijeff

All Pac-12
Gold Member
Jul 15, 2015
I agree that Shaw's 4th quarter playcalling was way way too conservative and nearly lost us the game. But I much prefer games where we think the coaching was the limitation and not the players. And there were many positives.

I'll start:

1. JJAW. Made the most of his touches. TD, downfield blocking, drawing penalties, and of course the highlight reel extra 5 YAC on the last TD drive that just bumped his draft stock up another round.

2. Irwin. He has cracked my top 10 faves of all time. His routes and hands are as reliable as I have ever seen. Now he's making a couple of fellas miss.

3. 1st year guys on defense. How about a shout out to Adebo for shutting down Harry and to Thomas Booker and Gabe Reid for really exciting flashes on the field in their limited snaps. I believe all 3 have 1st team all P12 in their future.

4. Overall line play. In the 3rd quarter in particular, the line of scrimmage belonged to us. Not since the Davis game had we seen this. ASU is not stellar but certainly not pushovers but like SDSU overcommitted to the run which allowed lots of single coverage opportunities and either completions or PI penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News