ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shanahan's Game Management Was Pathetic

SLS90

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2017
tonight against Green Bay. He should be getting pilloried by local media for his call on 2nd and 3 at around midfield in a tie game. SF had 3 timeouts (and GB none), with 1:25 remaining. Run the freaking ball and call TO if you don't get the first down. Instead, it was pass (inc.); long pass (pick); and then GB goes down the field for winning field goal. Green Bay NEVER should have been allowed to be in position to win in regulation.

That was as horrific a decision-making I've seen at any level, including on the Farm under this regime.

I'll ask it again: how can people whose full time (and extremely well-paid) job is to manage offenses be so incompetent when it comes to basic $hit?

BTW, there is one major distinction between 'Niners and Stanford: the 'Niners O is incredibly potent and dynamic, even with a second-string QB. That's scheme. That's coaching. That's impressive (generally), and I think 'Niners will ultimately win big under Shanahan. But tonight, he puked over himself and cost the 'Niners the game in regulation with extremely poor game management.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News