ADVERTISEMENT

OL Weight

Card Tricks

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2012
Am I the only one worried that we don't have a single interior OL that weighs over 287 lbs.?

Branson Bragg is our heaviest interior OL on the roster and he's listed at 305 lbs. But seeing as how he's a true freshman and may not be ready for live action in Year 1, there's no guarantee that we'd field a single interior OL in our two-deep that weighs over 287 lbs.

It is widely assumed that Devery Hamilton or Foster Sarell will play at guard this upcoming season. If Sarell ends up being the choice there, that would give us ONE starting guard with over 300+ lbs. of heft. But if it ends up being Hamilton (as many expect), our interior O-line would be comprised of two guards and a center weighing 287 lbs. (Hamilton), 281 lbs. (Powell), and 279 lbs. (Dalman), respectively.

And we wonder why we can't push anyone around in the ground game anymore. Just out of curiosity, can anyone in the know explain to me whether this is a Turley thing, a Carberry thing, or a lack of a head trainer thing? Because I cannot for the life of me understand why we would tolerate having a single interior O-linemen weighing less than 300+ lbs., let alone all of them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News