ADVERTISEMENT

No more scholarships?

NoQuestionRox

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
As I might have referred to in a previous post, this week I got connected with a former college QB who works for a big financial services firm and is plugged into the NIL world in a very significant way. It looks like we are going to be working very closely together from here on out, so I'll likely be getting more insights like this...

During our discussion today he told me some university administrators are floating the idea of not offering scholarships (I think this was exclusive to football players, but not sure), because the athletes are getting paid so much money they can afford tuition. My reaction was to ask how can universities claim "the value of the education" precludes the athlete's need to be paid cold, hard cash, and then turn around and say if they are making so much money they can pay for their own education. This would make more clear than anything before that athletes aren't choosing schools based on the educational value they offer, so how can the educational offering be THAT valuable?

There are insipidly stupid NCAA school administrators everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News