ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting New admit Jan. 23 plus note on 2018 endgame

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
Edge rusher/outside linebacker Caleb Kelly messaged me today that he was admitted to Stanford.

This is great news for Caleb and for Stanford as well. Kelly is a lanky defender who played all along the line for Hapeville Charter and shows some good potential to be able to get into the backfield. Here is a link to his senior season Hudl.

I don't expect Kelly to announce a commitment soon. He recently visited Ole Miss and Virginia is pushing hard. He may wait until signing day but I like Stanford's chances here.

Stanford's last three prospects on the 2018 recruiting board are all admitted -- Tanner McKee, Dax Hollifield and Kelly.

There have been some reports that Virginia Tech had a great in-home visit with the Hollifields Thursday. Shaw visited Friday. I still think Stanford is in a good spot, but I've heard that what I long suspected might happen is occurring. There is some 11th hour concern in the Hollifield household about Dax going to school across the country. This happens with someone on the recruiting board every year and is an understandable final hurdle for people to confront. Stanford has probably been the leader for Dax for several months. There are no guarantees, but I predict he commits to Stanford.

There should be no drama with McKee's decision. If he commits to any school other than Stanford I might quit show business.

If those three recruits commit then 16 freshmen will show up in June and McKee will start his LDS mission. The 16 would be:

Jack West
Jay Symonds Jr.
Justus Woods
Michael Wilson
Simi Fehoko
Trey Stratford
Thomas Booker
Andres Fox
Tobe Umerah
Caleb Kelly
Loa Kaufusi
Jacob Mangum-Farrar