ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit Michael Wilson commits to Stanford

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
Wilson was committed pretty much when he got the offer from Stanford. Wilson told me last week that his father informed Tavita Pritchard that the Chaminade receiver would publicly commit within the next week or so.

Wilson's comment: "This is a dream school for myself and my family since I was 10 years old. Once you get a Stanford offer, in my eyes you can't pass it up. I don't think there is a school that offers as much as Stanford offers."

Stanford adds a talented and productive receiver who competes against some of the best teams and athletes that California has to offer. My read of the situation is that, even with offers out to Jalen Hall and Amon-Ra St. Brown, the staff came to view Wilson as someone they couldn't wait on. He's too good and was clearly very enthusiastic about Stanford. I think it should tell you something about the Cardinal coaches' opinion of Wilson that they decided to offer.

P.S. Given that Wilson is in school right now, I'm not sure when he will announce this commitment himself. He did message me to let me know that the news broke via the LA Times and others before he wanted. That is unfortunate, but he seemed in good humor about it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News