Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Myles Jackson (FR.)

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters

Card Tricks

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2012
Who takes over for McKee in 2023? Just picked up the latest copy of Phil Steele and he's tabbed Patu as our 2023 starter. I can understand the logic seeing as how Patu is the only QB on the roster with any starts under his belt (2021 @ Oregon State). Not to mention, Phil usually does his homework and compiles these depth charts using "insider" knowledge such as interviews with the coaching staff. Despite all of this, however, my gut tells me it's Lamson.

I feel like we pretty much know what we have in Patu and Daniels at this point. While it's too soon to say that Patu is no better than what he showed against Oregon State, suffice to say that a stat line of 7/14 for 51 YDs, 1 TD + 1 INT (against one of the more mediocre defenses in the Pac-12 that season) is not going to cut it. Lamson, on the other hand, is an intriguing wild card and his departure has left much of the Syracuse fan base up in arms. After doing some research, there was a pretty clear sentiment that Lamson possessed the highest upside of any QB on Syracuse's roster (which is definitely saying something considering they return 2-year starter Garrett Shrader). Let's hope Taylor has a unique eye for offensive talent and Lamson surprises some people this Fall while providing the perfect bridge between Tanner McKee and Elijah Brown.

With Fall camp around the corner, I'm interested to see what other people's opinions are as we gear up for yet another QB battle on the Farm.

_

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News