ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Recruiting MBB recruiting notes: October

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
Alrighty, time for the men's basketball recruiting notes thread for October. The September thread is here.

First off, Stanford had two 2024 4-star guards on junior official visits this weekend: Sir Mohammed and Gicarri Harris. Both were at the open practice yesterday. I saw them shooting around after the practice. I also saw Nazr Mohammed there, which was cool. They all seemed to be having a good time. I think that was part of why they had the open practice as well. Gave the recruits something to do.

Stanford also has one more junior official visitor scheduled for this month in 2024 4-star shooting guard Kon Knueppel. He is scheduled to visit October 28th before visiting Notre Dame on November 4th. I'll double check later this month to make sure that's still happening.

As far as other 2024 guys who are key focuses, Stanford is really making an effort with 5-star big man Yves Missi who is at Prolific Prep. They've been in to see him a bunch of times.

4-star small forward Liam McNeeley I need to check on, but he was like the first kid they offered in the class. Need to see if he has any visit plans lined up/how things are coming.

Point guard Trent Perry is a guy who they really like as well. No star rating, but they think he's got a chance to be really good. I'll get my article on him out soon. But the staff really does like him and feels he's one of the better guards on the West Coast. Good they offered him as early as they did. He visited back in August.

For the rest of the 2024 offers, click here. Other names they're on as well, but the ones above are the ones who I wanted to draw attention to/feel they are gaining most traction with at this time.

2025 offers, click here. Only four guys offered so far in that class.

As far as 2023 recruits are concerned, it really feels like Andrej Stojakovic or bust. That might be a bit harsh because they do have 5-star poitn guard Kanaan Carlyle committed, but you get the idea. They really need him. He's down to UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, and Texas and he has taken all four of his official visits to those schools. UCLA has been the consensus front runner for a while because of their assistant coach from Serbia who is best friends with his dad, but it's possible he doesn't end up there after all. Stanford has the advantage of being close to Jesuit where he plays high school in the Sacramento area and also the fact that Isa Silva is a Jesuit kid as well. Not to mention the academics, which I could see his dad Peja actually valuing.

So, I'm wiling to say that if he doesn't end up at UCLA, I think Stanford has the best chance to land him for those reasons. And then they really would like to have him, so they'll be offering him minutes and an important role.

One other 2023 name I'll check on is Bron Roberts. 3-star power forward out of Utah. His recruitment remains pretty quiet as Stanford and Southern Utah remain his only two listed offers. But if he were to come Stanford, likely a developmental piece. So, it really is down to Stojakovic in terms of adding more pop to the 2023 class. Gonna be interesting to see if Stanford can pull him him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News