ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: Next Year's Lineup and Rotation

bl82

All Pac-12
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2016
Tiburon, CA
With Travis gone, I'm thinking da Silva's versatility and Okpala's length might allow us to have a core starting lineup [EDITED] of:
C Sharma
PF/SF da Silva
XX Sheffield?
SF/SG Okpala
PG Davis

We can plug in a big in this lineup in the XX slot, choosing from returnees Stanback or Pugh or recruits Kisunas and Fitzmorris. Alternatively, we can plug in a shooter/perimeter player, with Sheffield being the incumbent, but Ryan is also in a position to push for this role, if he's ready. If not, White has proven he can contribute and Wills may also be able to play a role.

It is clear that one or two of the four bigs will have to significantly step up their game. It is also clear that if da Silva can play big and Okpala can help out on the boards and in guarding some of the opposing forwards that there is a clear path for Ryan to be a big contributor, if he can step up his game.

Perhaps the most important person in this rotation is Sharma, as his ability to stay out of foul trouble (highly questionable) and healthy will give us the most lineup flexibility. If Sharma can not be our top post player, then we will be scrambling with an effective lineup all season long.

This will be a young team and while the sophs will be the nucleus, there will be ample minutes and opportunities for any of our four newcomers to play a big role. I expect big things from Ryan, but Kisunas is my sleeper pick to make a big contribution.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News