ADVERTISEMENT

Longest Power Five Win Streaks

msqueri

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
It occurred to me this morning that I'm a bit surprised the mood of the fan base is not a little bit better overall right now. I understand as well as the next guy the things that our frustrating about Shaw and other aspects of the program, and I also realize that the last three years have been a come-down from Rose Bowl glory and that there's a sense the program has plateaued. Even still, I thought in the fall that ending the season with four straight wins would create some momentum and put a better taste in folks' mouths (not to mention that the last loss was arguably Stanford's best game of the season and a very impressive result to lose by only four on the road to the best team in the conference). There was some momentum late in the year that I don't think we should overlook. Got me to thinking.....how many Power Five teams have won four games in a row including a bowl? Here's the list:

Clemson - 15
Ohio State - 6
Texas A&M - 4
Florida - 4
Stanford - 4

Five teams. Five. We are tied for the third longest win streak among all Power Five teams, behind only Godzilla and Mothra. Obviously I am not suggesting that we should be happier about our state of affairs than Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, or Washington, but there is some perspective that all of us can be reminded of from time to time. Shaw, our coaches, and our players deserve a lot of credit for the way they ended the season. It is not easy for any team, against any Power Five schedule, to win four games in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News