ADVERTISEMENT

Key Quotes: Hunter Clegg

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
I just caught up with 2023 3-star weak side defensive end Hunter Clegg about his experience at Stanford Junior Day. Sounds like it went well. Stanford is targeting him at outside linebacker. Below are key quotes. The rest will be saved for the article.

"It was an awesome day. A lot of the stuff I knew already but the most important thing was watching film with Coach Anderson. We went over the scheme, what the defense is all about, and exactly how they want me to fit in. I’ll be playing a similar roll to players like Gabe Reid and Jordan Fox."-On Junior Day as a whole

"They like my pass rushing and speed. I’m big enough to play up on the line and fast enough to drop back in coverage. That’s what they like in their outside linebackers."-On what Stanford likes about his game

"It wasn’t too different, but we did spend a lot more time talking to academic advisors and other non-football related things which was good. They told me everything I need to do to apply and what classes I should take next year. Hopefully I’ll be applying in March."-On seeing Stanford in a non-football time of year

"I think it’s cool how everyone around is so talented. The players talked about how everyone you meet is doing something amazing. New research, starting companies, etc. Greatness is all around at Stanford."-On what stands out about Stanford and its culture

"Yeah. Computer science. It was cool because they had a big fancy lunch at the top of the stadium with all of the coaches and recruits. There were 2 recruits per table with our guests + a professor from where we each wanted to study. We were able to get to know the professors and talk to them about the programs they teach. It was super cool."-On what he would study at Stanford

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News