ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Key Quotes: Caleb Hampton

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
Hey guys, I just caught up with Caleb Hampton about his commitment to Stanford. Below are key quotes, the rest will be saved for the article. As you guys can tell, he's been given a star rating of 3 and an overall Rivals rating of 5.6.

Q: Why did you choose Stanford?

Hampton: "The opportunity, growing up, you don’t hear of people going to Stanford. Just hearing and talking to friends and family, they were like wow, you gotta do this. Just king the coaches and them reaching out to me, it just felt like home when I visited as well. Just the people were so welcoming, they were showing us what it’s like. We talked to current and former players. That’s what I liked is they gave us a good perspective of what it’s like to be a Stanford student athlete."

Q: Can you talk about how excited you are to play both baseball and football at Stanford?

Hampton: "I’m in love with both sports. The opportunity to play both sports at Stanford, I knew you could do that. Talking to both coaches, they said you can do that here. I’m just very blessed to be able to play both sports. It’s the only place you can do it. People have done it there and been successful there. People like John Elway. Recently, there was a kid named Brock [Jones] who did both and he got drafted in the major leagues."

Q: Is the baseball team recruiting you to pitch and play outfield? Or just outfield?

Hampton: "They’re recruiting me at outfield. I got speed, I got power, confidence, I think that’s the main thing they like about me. And I love getting teams wins. Win any title, is what I like to do."

Q: What does the football team think you'll bring to their program?

Hampton: "Explosive, elusiveness, vision, speed, and the fact that if you tell me one thing you won’t have to tell me again. I’ll learn the playbook well and listen to what my coaches advise."

Q: Which sport do you think you'll have better odds of seeing the field on or do you feel it's an equal shot with both?

Hampton: "I believe an equal chance for both. I have to give credit to the baseball side. They just won the Pac-12 championship. They’re stacked. Which is good. I like the challenge of learning from others. On the football side, same thing. I love winning. That’s the main thing."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News