ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Junior Day list updated as visitors confirmed

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
This is not a typical two-day junior day because of The Opening event Saturday. There's a mix of 2020 and 2021 athletes expected on campus and I'll update this post as I get confirmations.

First, Geirean Hatchett is not making the trip down from Washington. There was some hope he would, but he told me he couldn't make it down.

2020 WR Marvin Mims: Stanford has offered the Texan and he reports offers from Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and more than 20 others. The past two seasons in 5A level football he's combined for 113 catches, 2,333 yards and 26 touchdowns. That's good.

2020 QB Shane Jennings: The mobile quarterback from Idaho has been on Stanford's radar for months. He also will compete in The Opening Saturday and is hoping to jump onto the recruiting board of more schools. He reports offers from Utah State and Idaho State and a 3.95 GPA. Right now his profile is that of a high-level walk-on.

2020 LB Jason "Junior" Walling: The Oregon native has offers from Air Force, Army, several Ivies, Utah and Oregon State. He reports a 4.0 GPA. His junior season Hudl.

2021 WR
Emeka Egbuka: The Washington native has an offer and is a top-15 overall recruit on another site. He's a special talent and Tavita Pritchard has been on his high school campus multiple times this year.

2021 OL Owen Prentice: The Seattle native actually visited Stanford Thursday and will be at Cal Friday. He attends O'Dea High, reports an Oregon State offer and is just outside the top 200 on another site. He also plays rugby and had 30 tackles at defensive tackle last season.

2021 ATH Ceyair Wright: A fast-rising prospect from Loyola High, Wright already has offers from several Pac-12 schools. He recently ran a 10.8 100. He can play a couple different positions and on either side of the ball. He reports a 3.7 GPA. His sophomore season Hudl.

2021 ATH Jeffrey Bassa: A big athlete out of Utah, Bassa plays LB/S on defense and wide receiver and kick returner. He has a Utah State offer and is top-500 on another site. And at 6-1 and almost 200 pounds his best electric 100 time is 11.45, which is not bad at all for the spring of his sophomore year.

2021 Safety Raider Damuni: He's committed to BYU but is open about taking visits. Utah and Utah State have also offered. I'm no expert, but I like his playmaking in his Hudl. Incoming Stanford linebacker Levani Damuni is his cousin. (Their fathers are brothers.)

Update Thursday night:

There is a 2020 quarterback visiting who is committed to another school. I won't report anything unless he gives the Ok or obviously if he posts about it himself. He has been discussed briefly on the forum before and is a solid top-500 type prospect.

2020 WR
Brenden Rice: The four star from Chandler High has 20 offers reported on Rivals, but not one from Stanford, yet. As has been noted in this thread, his father was an accomplished football player in the Bay Area for many years. If Rice and Smith end up in the class together that will be an easy slam-dunk setup for marketing down the road.

2020 CB Ayden Hector: The Washington native is a maybe to visit Stanford after he competes in The Opening. He couldn't miss school Friday, so he's not making it to the junior day.

Friday morning update

2021 DE
Brayden Wood: The Coloradan reports several offers and has visited Clemson several times because his brother plays baseball at Furman. He camped with Clemson and was told to expect an offer once that staff turns more attention to 2021.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News