ADVERTISEMENT

Is ASU improved or Oregon Overrated?

pcthiker10

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
Before watching the replay of the Oregon-Arizona State game I was under the impression that the Sun Devils were continuing their downward spiral. In past years Todd Graham had good results when they ran the ball well and this year prior to last Saturday their rushing stats were unimpressive and I concluded that the reason they threw so much this year was that the could not run.

Now I am not so sure, Though they still threw a lot they also ran effectively The run the zone read option well and Bellage appears to be a formidable back,, They could give our 2-4 front a challenge. Our secondary may have to play more zone on the outside in the first have with Holder not eligible to play until the second half. Against Oregon their QB threw well both out of the pocket and rolling out. He is also a running threa especially in the zone read option..

I think that we are going to have to score close to forty points to win by two scores.. Their defense is vulnerable to the run and we should be able to exploit that weakness, And as Matt posted, they are without the services of their best defensive lineman. I feel we will need to establish a good passing game from the onset to prevent their loading the box to attempt to stop Love. As always, offensive balance early will be key to moving the chains,skewing time of possession in our favor, and scoring lots of points. But I don't expect a blow out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News