ADVERTISEMENT

If It Wasn't For Bad Luck...

bbamx

All-American
May 4, 2006
North Florida
Jesse would have no luck at all. He'll be touching down in Tampa in about 20 minutes and the Shrine Bowl executives that meet him in baggage claim will see him coming down the escalator....
ON CRUTCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He felt a pop in his calf while working on speed drills with resistance bands at the end of practice yesterday. Don't get me started as to why Fischer Institute (Phoenix) thought it would be in Jesse's best interest to have him doing speed drills prior to his ULTRA IMPORTANT game next week. He's a Center for God's sake, nobody cares about his 40 time!!!!!!!!

He and A.T. selected Fischer specifically because of their knee rehab program. We thought he was there working on getting his knee back to full strength. Now this, and, on top of it, there are all kinds of insurance coverage issues between school and the facility, and, even worse, they sent Jesse home without offering to give him an MRI or any medicine to travel with. Since we don't have insurance right now Jesse didn't want to spend our money on getting it himself. It's a nightmare.

Now we're praying that he doesn't get sent home by the Shrine Game but is allowed to represent Stanford at the hospital visits and on the field in whatever capacity he can contribute. It is his only opportunity to meet with teams, scouts, and GM's since he won't be invited to the combine -being on crutches won't be an ideal presentation. There's always Pro Day of course.

Special thanks to @Fresbone for answering my late night emergency email to make sure it was okay for Jesse to fly this morning and for his overall medical insight.

If you're one to communicate with The Man Upstairs, he sure could use a prayer or two. Thanks for letting me vent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News