ADVERTISEMENT

I need advice for a very rare situation

NoQuestionRox

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
It's hard to believe how shitty my life has been since about 8:00pm ET last night, as I post this around 10am ET.

- First, my aunt sends me a text saying my mom is in ER after being rear-ended on Steven's Creek Blvd. in Cupertino. She's being held overnight for observation due to high troponin levels due to bruising from seatbelt on chest.
- Then the team I least wanted to win the CWS won.
- Then the Oilers lost while arguably playing better in Game 7 to the Panthers.
- Then I woke up to one of our 12 year old Yellow Labs walking all wobbly, took him to vet, and learned he has vertigo.

While at the vet office, I noticed the Jeep had a metal undercarriage section that had rusted out, and was near the ground about to fall off (thank you salt on roads), nearly hitting the ground, so I went out to look at it and when I did, the vet Doc came out to tell me about Cooper.. He saw it and said he could give me something to help knock it off. I thought he'd bring a hammer or an actual tool. Instead, he brought me what looked like a 6ft section of plastic moulding. So I take it, lie next to the car, and start poking at the metal. After a couple minutes of hitting the rusted metal, it was obvious this wasn't going to be enough to do the job. As soon as I realized this, my hands started feeling like they were being poked by tiny needles. This is where I need advice.

Turns out that thin section of moulding was fiberglass, and I have fiber glass splinters in both of my hands! I looked up "what to do" and saw advice to wash hands with warm water and soap, then wipe with a cloth. I did this and I don't think it helped much if at all. Obviously, I can type because the tips of my fingers weren't touching the fiberglass, but my palms and some fingers were. Now after washing my hands so much, they are dried out, and feel rough even without feeling fiberglass fibers, but I'm certain there is still fiberglass in my hands. I tried to see if I could see the fibers with a magnifying glass, but I can't definitely see anything.

Have any of y'all ever had fiberglass on your hands and know what to do about it? Will it eventually just get knocked out when skin dies? Do you have to get it removed to stop the irritation and micro pain it causes? It's annoying AF, let me tell you, so any advice or expertise would be much appreciated!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.