ADVERTISEMENT

I just caught up with David Bailey

BenParker

Publisher
Staff
Aug 4, 2015
Mountain View, CA
stanford.rivals.com
Hey guys, my persistence paid off! I got a hold of 2022 4-star linebacker David Bailey today! I texted him earlier today and then while I was studying Chinese, he hit me up and I hit the pause on my Chinese studies to take the call. I will say that having talked with him, I feel like Stanford has a real opportunity here even with how lousy these past few weeks have gone on the field. They're really selling him on the alumni association side of things and how he can make big time connections at Stanford, etc. They seem to be really selling the whole school to him in addition to the football side and he seems to be taking it seriously.

He also told me that he's been admitted and is just applying for early enrollment, which he thinks he'll be able to get. Decision coming end of this month/early next month. Below are key quotes. The rest will be saved for the article.

"I’ve been in close contact with Coach Eubanks and Coach Anderson. We’ve been talking about early enrollment. I think things are going really smoothly. Having Zoom meetings and talking about the academic aspects and my academic interests. Coach Anderson gets on the zoom meetings, too. And Coach Shaw. We had one this past Sunday."-On his relationship with the staff

"I just know it’s a stable environment. So many resources available to me. The alumni association. They think I’ll be able to connect with a lot of important people. Being close to Silicon Valley. It would be a great opportunity just all-around. Along with the degree I’ll be getting, I’ll be able to establish a lot of good relationships."-On Stanford's main pitch to him.

"I’ve learned more about him [Shaw] and his program. The Zoom meetings have been great. We text regularly. He’s a laid back dude. I really think he has a great plan put in place. He’s honestly able to answer any of my questions about Stanford. Obviously the football aspect, but the alumni and the academics. I feel like he’s a well-rounded coach who knows a lot about the school itself."-On David Shaw.

"Mainly USC and UCLA."-On the other schools he is still considering.

"Right now, it’s really close. Right now I’m thinking [I’ll make a decision] towards the end of November/early December. Right now I’m filling out my [early enrollment] application for all the schools. I should be able to enroll early for all of them."-On a decision timeline.

"I’m doing a second application for early enrollment. I’ve been accepted. I was accepted early summer."-On his admission status.

"I think it’s the versatility of the program. I want to make the league. I want opportunities. In case I don’t make, I’ll have routes to access. Just the diversity of the school. Great weather, great location. I can’t make a bad decision with any of those schools. Just a matter of which I feel right at."-On what he's most looking for in a program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News