ADVERTISEMENT

How do we get Muir fired? No one deserves termination more.

MSG1716

Captain
Gold Member
May 11, 2017
Redwood City, CA
I assume there are very few Stanford sport fans who believe Bernard Muir should continue as AD after the sailing team scandal (the Netflix film didn't make him look very on top of things), cutting and then eventually being pressured to restore the 11 sports teams (which severely damaged each of those teams and made Stanford, one of the wealthiest schools in America, look foolish nationally), giving Shaw an enormous contract for no apparent reason as he was going nowhere, and not replacing both Haase (Dawkins stayed at least 2 years too long) and Shaw? If we agree that he needs to go, what can we all do to make it happen? Thoughts?

1. Donors. Many of us give to the athletic program and the university. I suggest we all say "no more $$$ to anything connected with Stanford until Muir is gone." And say that specifically when asked for a donation to anything Stanford related (law school in my case). It will get to the powers that be.

2. Have a protest event. Can we organize a large group of people to protest in front of the right person's home.

Any other suggestions? I find emails and letters to Muir about coaches and others about Muir are a waste of time.

Stanford deserves quality sports programs in the high visibility sports (football and basketball, THANK YOU Tara for all you do) and and a competent AD who actually does his/her job (Bowlsby is missed). I want to help and get our voices heard and respected!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News