ADVERTISEMENT

Heartbreaking End of Season Loss

Treetop11

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2015
Sure, it's not over til it's over - but no way can we win three in a row against this level of competition.
Hard enough having to come back at 1:00 tomorrow after a tough loss that ended close to midnite, but the worst part is we don't have arms left or what's left are tired. Miller hasn't shown that he has control enough to go deep innings and win, but even if he pulled it out, then you have to hope B. Beck can do the same. Then there's only Tristan who lots of pitches on yesterday and would have to come back with only 2 days rest - not good odds at all.

Shame that the call of Sowers being out on that DP may have determined the game. The replays in slow motion made it look closer than in live action, but still it looked like it was a tie and tie goes to the runner. But even if it was a botched call, can't hang the loss on that. We had two huge opportunities with a runner on third and only one out and couldn't plate our guys. And we had other opportunities where we failed to hit in the clutch. Our guys hit a number of hard shots for extra bases, but we were weak at situational hitting.

With the disheartening loss like this and early game, I expect us to lose to Baylor and if we are lucky enough to get by them, I expect a loss to CSF. i'm sad for our guys as they have had such an impressive season, shown great heart, and many individuals deserve huge shout outs for the play all season and for some really entertaining moments. I feel for these guys and just hope for a miracle so they will move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News