ADVERTISEMENT

He Doesn't Get It...

Card Tricks

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2012
Just listened to Shaw's Tuesday presser. I'm as close as you can get to being flabbergasted without allowing myself to fully get there. Because there's a part of me that knew better.

* Complete denial over the Big Game blowout (claims that a few plays here and there would have made for a completely different outcome)

Newsflash, David: WE LOST BY 30 POINTS!!! Cal could have spotted us 4 extra touchdowns and we still would have lost​
* Has the audacity to claim that the difference between Notre Dame and Stanford is that they've played at a high level all season while we've shown we can play at a high level but just not as consistently

Gee, ya think?! I didn't realize that all $9 million/year buys you are a bunch of "no sh*t Sherlock" answers​

* Talks about resolving the tackling issues via significant tweaks to this week's game prep but then point blank refuses to offer any sort of detail when pressed for further information

* Spends the large majority of the presser talking about all the talent we have on this roster and blaming injuries for the subpar performances

* Mentions his excitement to implement a few changes to the offseason program with Coach Anderson. I repeat: WITH COACH ANDERSON!!

Unless I am mistaken, I interpret this to mean that Coach Anderson will be part of the offseason program. Which means Coach Anderson is in fact NOT getting fired​
Forget those of you hoping that Shaw would get fired; not even his coordinators are getting the boot. As a matter of fact, Shaw's planning on bringing the whole gang back to honor the university's locomotive heritage with another 3-9 train wreck in 2022​

The entire press conference was a full exposé of everything that's wrong with the program starting with David Shaw's complete and utter lack of self-awareness. I'm so over this guy and I'm so over this stinkin' administration having zero standards whatsoever when it comes to their single-most-important revenue generating sport. Absolutely disgusting. Please wake me up when this whole nightmare is finally over (guessing sometime around 2024)

_

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News