ADVERTISEMENT

FORMER SCOUT ON OL - NEW THREAD

fborg81

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2010
First, sometimes there just isn’t enough hours in a week. Watched back the game several times as always, just didn’t have time to produce a ROSTER ARROWS article. I have been posting some things on Twitter, but really wanted to address this anonymous, former NFL scout who sounded like a relative of KJ.

Let’s talk about some facts.

• Walker Little is learning how to play hurt. Shaw declared him out early in Davis week, but Walker has played through it. He clearly has a shoulder issue.

The kid turned 19 in April. He’s very talented. Yes, he had problems in the 2H last week. It looks to be nothing more than a confidence issue and a kid learning how to play with an injury against good competition.

• Jesse Burkett hasn’t been able to fully participate in S/C in how long? I’m sure the former scout knows. But it’s the same guy who played in the middle of the OL last year just minus the added/needed strength he has missed. Is he perfect? No. But he is a very serviceable P5 center that can start on a good offense.
  • I wasn’t always a fan of Nate Herbig. But he did change his body significantly from last year. He is a different player. Again, not perfect, but a legit P5 OG that could play for anyone.
  • Hall and Fanaika are wildly inconsistent.
  • Hamilton is an excellent pass protection OG
Notre Dame was getting loads of pressure without blitzing, he noted. “When you can do that with a four-man pass rush, you’re dropping seven into coverage. Costello didn’t have a chance to find any holes. You tell me five guys can’t block four? That’s how bad that offensive line is.”
I got FIVE EXAMPLES IN THE FIRST HALF that shows five guys could block four.

CONTINUED......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News