ADVERTISEMENT

F@ck USC

NoQuestionRox

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2008
I know most of y'all are resigned to defeat this weekend, maybe even an uncompetitive one, but c'mon fans, it's the University of Scandal and Corruption!! And it is the last time, maybe for a long time. Let's see some enthusiasm!

I know many are older and have longer memories than me, but just in my lifetime, Chris Lewis to Jamien McCollum last play TD on 4th and goal from 20 to beat them in 2000. The 2007 greatest upset. The What's your deal?" game. The John Lynch pulverization game. The 2015 Pac-12 Championship game. The 2011 56-48 game. I could go on because there are more.

USC almost always overlooks Stanford, until they are the underdog and they don't. What better way to end the conference series against USC than ruining their season with a loss in a game they are favored by an absurd 29 points?

I' think I hate USC more than I do the Dodgers, Lakers, and Rams, so this game always animates me. I guarantee you the Stanford players are going to L.A. to WIN THE GAME. Why should the fans be thinking otherwise? Maybe Stanford will lose, but damnit the fans need to show more enthusiasm for this game!

Caleb Williams is the greatest QB they've ever bought, but it sure sounds to me like USC is reading its press like usual and not really focused on Stanford like Stanford is focused on them. A smart game plan that gets USC in a difficult game can create enormous pressure and a "OMG here we go again with Stanford" mindset that wills an upset to happen. I know the players were like 3 or 4 years old in 2007, but this kind of energy is real. History does repeat itself.

David Bailey, Ben Yurosek, and Josh Karty have the ability to be star performers that make an upset possible, and Ashton Daniels has the ability to maybe not do the spectacular Williams can, but play a mistake free, efficient game that keeps USC's defense off balance. Let's see some tricky zone defenses that put the Stanford brains to work confusing the Heisman winner who doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed, as much as a guy who win with his pure athletic gifts. I think he even knows this himself. Make him play Quarterback in the pocket and read defenses. Make USC receivers run precise routes. Play with force and determination USC hasn't seen and won't see this year.

It can be done. We've seen it before. So. LFG!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News