ADVERTISEMENT

Devery Hamilton to Michigan

Andy Drukarev

Apr 2, 2011

Hamilton just announced his decision on Twitter.

Assuming his decision is final/he shuts things down, this one does sting a bit for the Cardinal. Stanford made a very strong impression on Hamilton during his April Junior Day visit and were at or near the top of his list in the months since, but he ultimately opted to stay closer to home with the Wolverines. Will pass along any additional information I receive about his choice in the coming days.

So where does Stanford go from here? The Cardinal still has one very good offensive tackle commit in New Jersey's Clark Yarbrough, and they're in a good spot to land a commitment from Hawaii guard Nate Herbig tomorrow.

Keep a very close eye on New Mexico offensive tackle Henry Hattis as a strong possibility to earn Stanford's next offensive tackle offer. Hattis did very well at Stanford's camp and has plenty of upside. He'd be a terrific addition to the Cardinal's class.

Stanford does hope to sign three offensive tackles in this class. If they do offer Hattis (which I expect will happen) and are able to land a commitment from him, the likes of Logan Bathke, Sterling Strother and potentially others would be in the mix for the third tackle spot. I will do some digging to try to get more information on tackle candidates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News