ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Dec. 17 note on Robinson, Higgins and close to class

Jacob Rayburn

All-American
Staff
Jan 29, 2009
I do not expect Robinson to commit to Stanford. Unfortunately it didn't work out for Robinson and Stanford. As I warned yesterday this could end up being a case of getting your hopes up only to have them crushed. This was nearly a stunning 11th hour positive development for Stanford's 2019 class.

My understanding is that USC clearing house with their coaches, including the defensive line coach, was one of the major factors that caused Robinson to rethink where he wanted to be. Far too late into the process he realized that Stanford was very appealing. The family favorite for months was Nebraska but now it's up in the air what he will do.

I still predict that Elijah Higgins will commit to Stanford but nothing has been finalized. All indicators point to Stanford but Texas is doing everything short of locking down Austin -- where Elijah also lives -- to keep him home.

I expect Higgins will be the final commit of the 2019 class. I doubt that there is another 2019 offer but I'll leave the door cracked open just in case. Higgins would give Stanford 20 scholarship recruits set to graduate in June and then joined by Levani Damuni for an incoming class of 21.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News