ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches on 2018 Class

msqueri

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
One of my favorite things of each recruiting cycle is when our coaches comment on the incoming class as part of the official site's highlight videos introducing the class. To my great disappointment, it looks like the coaches have only done it for the trio that signed today. The recruits that signed earlier just have music in their highlight videos. Here is what the coaches said on the ones that did have voice-overs (in all cases my quick transcription, not verbatim but trying to get close without having to listen more than twice):

Anderson on Mangum-Farrar: Really long and athletic, he can play almost all of the four LB positions. Love his ability inside to go sideline to sideline. Really good range, really good speed, uses his length and size to be a playmaker whether against the run or against the pass.

Pritchard on McKee: Taller QB. High-level volleyball player. Very good athlete for his size, runs better than you'd think. Tremendous leader. Phenomenal season. Quick release, can get ball out quickly. Spreads the ball around. Makes every different type of throw. Excited about mechanics/football standpoint but also as a person. Taking two-year Mormon mission. Have to be a little patient but a guy we are extremely excited about.

Anderson on Kelly: Really a versatile LB, versatile defensive athlete. Has played DL, OLB, ILB. The thing you see consistently is a guy who plays hard and makes plays. Really tough and competitive. Doesn't care where he plays, they put him inside as a three technique, outside as a backer. It doesn't matter, he's just going to play hard and make plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News